Your Brilliant Mind: £27.00 + VAT
Your Brilliant Mind - The Psychology of Perception
You're new to psychology? New to NLP? You haven't been on the Brilliant Minds training programme? This is your perfect introduction to the whole concept of NLP for Business Leaders.
If you want to experience a bit of the theory of NLP before you plunge into a complete live training programme, this is a great place to start. I begin most of my training programmes and workshops with this material...
How real is reality?
Fundamental to NLP is the idea of 'subjective reality'. It means that each of us views the world in a slightly different way. The reason is - there's so much going on in the world around us that our senses and brains have to filter the incoming information to avoid total overwhelm.
The way you filter information is dependant on your personality, your past experiences and on your beliefs and values. It can even be affected by the language you speak!
This filtering of information is the source of each person's perception of reality. I'm sure you've heard the saying 'Perception is Reality', haven't you?
Well, if you want to communicate effectively with colleagues, manage your team to success and maintain your own health and sanity at the same time, do you think it might help to have an understanding of the perceptions that are other people's reality?
When you understand what makes people tick you manage them better
This self-directed programme is for you if you really want to achieve the kind of success and business results you deserve. Knowing why people behave the way they do and what you do about it is the key I give you in this series of short videos.
I really want to help you to gain an understanding of the dynamics at play in your professional (and personal) relationships, and because I know you won’t have the time (or probably the inclination) to spend ages ploughing through psychology books, I developed this concise, focused and low cost online training for you.
How it works
The entire programme is based on the 'Brilliant Minds NLP Language and Communication Model', which is my own work, developed from numerous sources, to show how perception becomes reality.
You can see, there's a lot going on this model!
'Your Brilliant Mind' explores the model in detail, just as I do at the beginning of any NLP training programme.
Each module of the programme focuses on a specific topic such as:
- Beliefs and Values
- The connection between mind and body
- Thinking and Feeling
In each module, there is a brief video for you to watch, of me teaching that part of the model.
Then there are questions to help you check your understanding, plus a thought to carry with you through the day to get clear on the relevance of the topic for your particular situation.
This self study course consists of 8 modules in total and you get access to one a day from the day you sign up. You can work through each one in just 15 minutes.
At the end of a week you have much more confidence you know what makes people tick and your conversations are more productive. Your meetings are less stressful and more decisive. You begin to see the keys to influencing senior stakeholders...
Some of the details you discover:
- How your senses interact with your brain to create your own unique ‘map of the world’ inside your head.
- The real reason why you don’t notice when your friend (or partner) gets a new look.
- Why ‘I’ll believe it when I see it’ is completely untrue and the real relationship between experience and belief.
- The easiest way to get ‘unstuck’ when your thought process grinds to a halt and you need some new options.
- A quick way to shift your mindset when you find yourself in a difficult situation.
- Why some people keep having the same bad experiences over and over again.
- The difference between beliefs and values and how they drive your behaviour every day.
- What your emotions tell you about your values – and other people’s.
- The patterns in the way that people think that you can use to motivate your own team members each time you speak to them.
- A shocking fact about language that will change the way you write emails forever.
- How to unlock the mysteries of your unconscious thinking and capitalise on your greatest skills.
JigsawBox is the online learning package we use to deliver this course. Once you've subscribed to the programme, you'll receive an email containing a link that takes you to the page where you choose your username and password. Then you can get started straight away.
At only £27 + VAT this is about as straightforward and sensible an investment as you're likely to find on the topic of psychology at work.