Here’s a simple way to get yourself motivated on Monday morning – or any time. This process is useful for focusing your energy and attention on a specific task. It can help you overcome habits of procrastination and also to motivate you to do something that you do not enjoy.
It takes practice to get the very best results from this, but most people can derive benefit from it straight away.
Here’s what you do:
1. Identify the specific task that you want to complete – now.
2. Think about the task and notice the picture you have of it in your mind’s eye as you think about it.
3. Adjust the picture in your mind’s eye – it’s not its content, but its structure that we’re going to change:
• Make the picture bigger
• Make it brighter
• Bring it closer to you so it’s really ‘in your face’
• Add a stirring sound track, a piece of music that makes you want to get up and move
4. Go and complete the task!!!